[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Reunions/Reformations/Reimagings

Reunions/Reformations/Reimagings

Reunions/Reformations/Reimagings

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:43 pm

This year has been a good one if you're a child of the 80s/90s and have a passion for industrial/EBM/Grebo/Whatever music. While we've all been following the Poppies pretty intensely for the past couple months (in some cases years), I've also been paying attention to a few other rumblings amidst the ilk:

Gravity Kills; Reuniting with a few new members, new album en rue.

Ministry; Re-activated (whatever that means), apparently on the bill for Wacken 2012.

Stabbing Westward; Currently touring with members of The Dreaming playing dual roles.

I've also read a lot on Jesus Jones & EMF from these boards, though I don't really follow either of those bands that closely. What does this mean for music? Good things I hope.
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Re: Reunions/Reformations/Reimagings

Postby Onket » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:04 pm

Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby Coops » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:05 pm

"Tell at work your weekend tale
Still need the pleasure of a dirty sale
Monday’s back – what can you do?"
Coops
radio pwei

Postby chrisconnection » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Didnt know about the Gravity Kills and Stabbing Westward re-unions thats great news. Im a massive Ministry fan aswel im glad he is doing another album also looking forward to the Buck Satan album aswel.

Lots of great albums to come this year
Poppies
Amebix
Misfits
Anathema
Buck Satan
The Great Americon
Fields of the Nephilim (hopefully)
Cubanate (on the cards so i hear)
Sunna
Killing Joke (next year)
Long Live PWEI.
chrisconnection
1000 X No

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:49 pm

If knee length shorts & silly hats were out, someone forgot to tell me.

A new Fields Of The Nephilim would make my day, I'd also love to see The Sisters Of Mercy tie up their dispute with their lable and release a proper album. I've seen them live and they have a few tracks that I've not heard anywhere on the Interweb or catalog.

On a heavier note, a newly reunited (Among The Living circa) Anthrax is set to release an album in September. I saw them earlier this month and they fucking killed it. The new singles are a great throw back to the 80s thrash era, I can't wait to hear the rest.

In terms of who I'd like to see reunite, Machine Of Loving Grace are a top the heap. I've been listening to Scott Benzel's solo and collaborative projects, and they are extremely interesting if you're feeling experimental. It would be great to hear him behind a mic again, but I honestly don't see that ever happening.
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby Coops » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:15 pm

"Tell at work your weekend tale
Still need the pleasure of a dirty sale
Monday’s back – what can you do?"
Coops
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Can't wait for the new Anthrax album! 8-)
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:32 pm

I only just started listening to The Mission & The Fall, so far I'm impressed. I would love to catch Fields Of The Nephilim one day, but I doubt they will ever leave Europe for a tour. I picked up a promo copy of Razordawn a few months back, it included a 8x10 glossy & publicity package. Not bad for a couple of bucks at a used record store.
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby chrisconnection » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Long Live PWEI.
chrisconnection
1000 X No

Postby Ohm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:37 pm

The 'surviving' beach boys were supposed to be reforming this year but it doesn't seem to have happened. I'm still sulking.

I also did a few tracks with the singer in my old band earlier this year, but his missus got the hump. Not sure if that counts.
Ohm
1000 X No

Next

Return to off you go