[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - The Penny Licks :(

The Penny Licks :(

The Penny Licks :(

Postby def con juan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi all,

It's with massive sadness that I have to let you know that my wife Claire, the singer in The Penny Licks passed away suddenly and unexpectedly early on Monday morning.

We received brilliant comments from you guys for the tunes we submitted to the PWEI covers project and the Reclaim The Game remix we did as well as for our own stuff so I just wanted to say thank you for all the support and encouragement you gave us.

The first time I brought her to my parents house in the Black Country I took her on a "date" to the Mitre in Stourbridge to show her the birthplace of good music.

Her favourite PWEI stuff was the early, C86, indie-poppy Poppies - it totally fitted her sense of humour - so when you get a chance stick a copy of Now For A Feast on and dance around like a loon with a smile on your face one time for our Claire.

Cheers
Ian
def con juan
preaching to the perverted

Re: The Penny Licks :(

Postby The_LHC » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Just saw this on Facebook, horrible, horrible news, I'm so sorry to hear this, I never met you guys but you were the most exciting thing I'd heard in a long time but frankly that's not important now, just please take care of yourself. I don't know what to say, just so shocked, take care.
The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby Mad Bastard » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:34 pm

So sorry to hear that, I hope you'll be OK.
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:38 am

I am so sorry to hear that mate, my thoughts are with you and her family.
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby russelldempsey » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:16 pm

russelldempsey
1000 X No

Postby def con juan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:20 pm

Cheers dudes.

Claire was 34 and we've been a couple since we were 19.

She was taken ill last weekend with stomach ache which she just thought was a bug or something but it got worse on Sunday and she was taken into hospital with a suspected appendicitis but tests showed that she had major internal bleeding from a ruptured blood vessel - they operated but it was too severe and she passed very quickly. They think she may have had a rare medical condition which she didn't know about and it could have happened at any point. They are doing genetic tests to find out more.

We were planning releasing some new material soon and filmed a video ourselves in the park just the other day and we'd done a rough edit
def con juan
preaching to the perverted

Postby RolexTharsus » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Gutted to hear that mate, thoughts out to you and her family x
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby dave_van_damn » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:57 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. Stay strong x
Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Postby kwvp » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:54 am

So sorry to hear that. Thoughts to you and family.
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby pedro » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Terrible, awful news.

My thoughts are with you and your family.
Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

Next

Return to off you go