[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - The Penny Licks :(

The Penny Licks :(

Re: The Penny Licks :(

Postby urban_futuristic » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:57 am

Such terribly sad news...

Sending thoughts & prayers your way.
point blank, zero return...
urban_futuristic
radio pwei

Postby bronxzoo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:54 pm

so sorry to hear this dude, big love, hope your ok
"At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be..."
bronxzoo
radio pwei

Postby def con juan » Tue May 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi everybody.

Me and Claire were writing and recording songs before she sadly passed away last year - some we'd got to a "finished" stage, unfortunately we didn't get to record the vocals on some of the really good ones which is a shame. We did get a version of Psychosexual done for the PWEI covers project as you probably saw :)

I have decided that the tunes that we had finished should be shared with the public - it's better than them just sitting on my computer.
So I spent some time with Alan Smyth at 2Fly studios (he's previously worked with Pulp, The Arctic Monkeys and all of Claire and my separate bands) to get them mixed and I'm going to put them out soon on an album.

In the meantime I will be sharing them one at a time over the next few weeks on youtube.

Here's the first one, called "I Will Dance For You" - I hope you like it

"Like" our Facebook page etc

Ta
Ian
def con juan
preaching to the perverted

Postby payback3000 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi Ian,

Looking forwards to the album - keep us posted. Lovely track too.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby def con juan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi folks

The Penny Licks album is all finished and will be released on Friday (9th Oct) via My Lo-Fi Heart Recordings. It'll be available as a download from all the usual download places but the cheapest place is likely to be on our bandcamp page where you can also order the CD (which should be in stock next week).

You can also preview the songs on the bandcamp page

I've also been making videos for all the songs and posting them on Youtube and shared on facebook

Have a listen/watch and let me know what you think

Cheers
Ian
:)
def con juan
preaching to the perverted

Postby payback3000 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Cheers will have a look this evening
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Previous