[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - How to bootleg a gig?

How to bootleg a gig?

How to bootleg a gig?

Postby dave_van_damn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Has anyone here ever recorded a gig? Got any tips? I've never tried before but I love listening to bootlegs of shows and wanna give it a shot. I have an iPhone that I can use and also an old MiniDisc player. Anyone got any advice on what to use or which microphone will do a good job. I'm not looking to spend a fortune...thanks!
Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Re: How to bootleg a gig?

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:21 am

I've been using my Kodak Zi8 for years, and it's pretty amazing. It's the size of a cellphone, shoots great in low light, records decent sound (mono) with good bass, and it's 1080p (although I prefer 780p with 60/fps). If you are just looking to record audio, I suggest any of the Zoom Hxxx products. The later models are smaller, but they all record excellent audio.
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby dave_van_damn » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm just interested in audio. I looked at the zoom products but to be honest I'm after something which I can plug a discrete mic into and clip in my shirt or something. I imagine if have to hold the Zoom in my hand the entire time?

Really wanna capture some shows this summer, in particular pwei.
Visit my blog for live bootlegs, b-sides and rare vinyl
Visit my other blog for random crap about living in Hong Kong
dave_van_damn
1000 X No

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:56 am

Sounds like you just need a lapel condenser mic. There are tonnes out there, but buy legit. The reality is the higher the price, the higher the quality. I've bought a few under $100 and they sound like garbage, if you want to get something that will do your bootleg justice I suggest shopping around and reading some forums.
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby aido » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:35 pm

Grab yerself one of these and strap it to a hat.

http://eu.audio-technica.com/en/product ... rodID=4121
aido

Postby aido » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:36 pm

Oh, and wear the hat in the usual place.
aido

Return to off you go