[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - The UK PWEI stronghold vs The USA

The UK PWEI stronghold vs The USA

The UK PWEI stronghold vs The USA

Postby Meat Trademark » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:27 pm

Is the vast majority on this site in the UK? I've heard reference to Australia and even someone else here in Missouri, but I was wondering. What percentage of the 'nation is in USA or other parts of the globe? I was lucky enough to get into the Poppies when Box Frenzy came out on cassette but never really heard much reference to them in the US media pre-NIN Nothing days. Even then, not too much. Not to ignore the rest of the world, but I'm curious as to how many Americans still have the Noise Pollution and are on this forum? I only ever met, pre-Nothing, maybe 3 fans in my shitty corner of the globe, and maybe a dozen "jumpers-on" (NIN fans who didn't ACTUALLY like PWEI) after the fact.

(Sorry about the title, but it got you to look, right?)
sleepy from the poison
Meat Trademark
1000 X No

Re: The UK PWEI stronghold vs The USA

Postby VMNP » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:48 am

Blimey i never got into them until Wise Up Sucker came out and there you were two years before and across the pond! I should imagine most of us are from the U.K. here but a few from U.S. and Australia and at least one from Japan. 8-)
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby Meat Trademark » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:34 am

I got lucky.

Early on I discovered bands like Bauhaus and Coil and started scouring the "import" sections of any records stores I could find. "Box Frenzy? What the hell is this all about? Hmm, those are some fun song titles? Band name's a bit silly, though..." An approximation of my thought process... My girlfriend ended up buying it, I don't remember what I ended up with that day but know I ended up with Poppies in the long run.

I miss the old record store days and looking through the imports. It's how I discovered that American Top 40 music was and is absolute rubbish. I even discovered American bands on foreign labels like Throwing Muses on 4AD.

Dear rest of the world,
How are you? I am fine. Thanks for the good work, keep it up!
Love,
meat™
sleepy from the poison
Meat Trademark
1000 X No

Postby Phil » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:59 am

Im from the UK but I remember being a bit drunk in Vegas many years ago and being so chuffed that the local record store had some CDs by the likes of PWEI and The Wonder Stuff that I almost bought them again. And they were exceedingly expensive and only my mate talking me out of such lunacy stopped me from making such a pointless purchase. But they were there, just waiting for the US masses to take them to heart...
Phil
radio pwei

Postby jason » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:13 pm

Hello

According to the google analytics which is a bit of code that tells me where people are roughly (I don't get your address and I can't see through your window), I see the following:
(approx)

Unique visits by country:

UK =63 % of visits
USA = 13% of visits
Australia = 4% of visits

Unique by City
London 11.70%
Birmingham 3.94%
Gottingen 2.71%
Brighton 2.34%
Melbourne 1.85%
Sheffield 1.85%
Leeds 1.72%
Taunton 1.72%

I'd love to know who all these Brighton people are. I assume it's me on various different devices. Unique I think essentially means by IP address so if you look on a phone and a computer; that probably counts as two or more. If your IP address changes regularly then possibly more.

Jas
|
jason
Site admin

Postby Mad Bastard » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:14 pm

A bit random, but I remember seeing some PWEI CDs in a Tower Records in San Francisco years ago and while all the other dividers just had artist names on them, PWEI's said 'Pop Will Eat Itself - England's Finest' which I thought was awesome. I assume a fan was working there.

As you were...
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby RolexTharsus » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:09 pm

I might be adding to the US stats - work for a US company in the Uk, Beeb & Grauniad websites think I'm American. Have a nightmare getting the cricket commentary.
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby dugbonsai » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm very likely the only forum member from Texas. :lol:

I don't post too much but I do visit at least once a day.
dugbonsai
preaching to the perverted

Postby Meat Trademark » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks Jas, you really nailed that one. A better answer I could not ask for.

Proud to be a Poppie here and think it's a curious spread. We are a Pop Will Eat Itself Legacy every bit as much as Vileevils. (kinda)

I love this nation and will even say that right now when I'm not drunk. "I LoO0ove yoO0us guYss." (Maybe a little drunk, but still.)
sleepy from the poison
Meat Trademark
1000 X No

Postby Meat Trademark » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:59 pm

sleepy from the poison
Meat Trademark
1000 X No

Next

Return to off you go