[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - chewing-gum for the eyes

chewing-gum for the eyes

Re: chewing-gum for the eyes

Postby The_LHC » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 am

The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby RolexTharsus » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:30 am

Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby kwvp » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:28 am

We've only recently started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix and are really enjoying it. My mother-in-law suggested it. The more we watch the more surprising it is she enjoys it. :o
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby payback3000 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 am

I have cought up on Desxter and like it a lot. GOT is ace...breaking bad - I'm waiting for that to wrap up before starting it.

I would say the best US series is Justified. S1 is really good but not amazing....then it finds it feet proper and you have 3 seasons cracking stuff. Heres to S5!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489428/
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby The_LHC » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:44 am

The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:38 pm

When do people find the time to watch all this stuff?! :D
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby The_LHC » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:40 pm

I don't, that's why I didn't get through GOT and I'm still three episodes behind on Dexter (I'm not giving up on that one though!).
The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:35 pm

We've decided that getting a film in after the kids have gone to bed & before we need to sleep is better than trying to find something on TV or a series to agree on!

We've been hammering the lovefilm. Didn't we have a 'film suggestions' thread somewhere?
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby jason » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:11 pm

I saw insiduous the other night which I actually quite enjoyed until the reason for the "evil" got explained. The appearance of "things" is really good. I do like the bit where the father's mother sees something behind the father. I'm trying not to give too much away but the ending is pretty poor. The bit with the little boy in the new house is good too -where the mother is just walking around, goes outside and then sees something. Someone told me to watch the set-up of that scene closely for a little surprise -it's on you tube if you can't be bothered.

Game of thongs is ace. The first series is a bit filthy and might be best described as erotic drama. Charles Dance appears in season 2 (and one??) so you can pretend it's more high brow then. I've read all but the last book, I think and really enjoyed it.

I watched season 1 of breaking bad and didn't really get hooked.

If you've never seen firefly that's ace.

Big bang theory is good but I quite like 2 and a half men so don't quote me

Other things people have mentioned are... something about bikers?? sons of anarchy, dexter.

I like spaceships and zombies so I tend toward that.

Spaced? Have you seen space with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

I watched Nathan Barley again and loved it.

It's on 4OD!!!!
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gart ... -darkplace
I've got the DVD somewhere.

I'm trying to get season 1 and 2 of game of thrones for my wife to watch (she did ask) so if anyone can lend me a copy that would be nice.

Garth Merenghi is an absolute gem -who's with me?
|
jason
Site admin

Postby pedro » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Deep Space Nine - the best of the Trek series
Oz - prison drama a bit grim in places
Sons of Anarchy - Sopranoes on motorbikes
West Wing gets really absorbing, if you like this try Sports Night and Studio 54.
and Firefly because it's damn good.
Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

PreviousNext

Return to off you go