[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Elite

Elite

Elite

Postby jason » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Not sure if it's your thing but there is a new version of Elite planned and are asking for kickstarter pledges...
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/146 ... -dangerous

Elite was a game that I spent most of 1985?? ish playing and a few years later. Anyway if you have some spare cash you can pledge a fiver (or more) to get it made.

Apparently Clint Mansell is doing the music (I'm making that bit up but you never know).

jas
|
jason
Site admin

Re: Elite

Postby dugbonsai » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:08 pm

I remember that game. I never made it very far but it was probably the coolest game I had seen at that time.
dugbonsai
preaching to the perverted

Postby 80's Virus » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:34 pm

I hate trying to remember the past, but was this a game I played on the ZX Spectrum?
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
80's Virus
1000 X No

Postby Mad Bastard » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Arse, can't pledge yet as my credit card expires before the end of the Kickstarter campaign. I'll be cool to see this happen though, and as long as Blue Danube's in there somwhere I don't mind who does the soundtrack (though using The Orb's remix of The KLF's 3am Eternal would work!). ;)
Here to sing, by request, here we bring...
Mad Bastard
radio pwei

Postby borlando » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Blimey what a blast from the past, Elite use to frustrate me when trying to dock the space craft, I spent hours and hours trying to perfect it. I've still got it up in the attic with my Acorn Electron, maybe I should get them down.
borlando
XY & Zee

Return to off you go