[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Something to Read?

Something to Read?

Re: Something to Read?

Postby Onket » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:28 pm

Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby pedro » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:05 pm

I'm really enjoying The Lost Fleet Saga by Jack Campbell. It's classic space sic fi with a captain recently awaken from 100 years in space sleep who has to reluctantly take over command of the fleet and is horrified by new military conventions and who is not the hero that history makes him out to be.
Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

Postby Snackula » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Payback might want to read today's Mirror - Beverly Callard is taking her clothes off inside.
I'll tell you what: if you don't cooperate, you're gonna suffer from "fistophobia".
Snackula
1000 X No

Postby payback3000 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm

I saw them holding up the page on Daybreak...pitched a pyjama tent!

Trollop.
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby payback3000 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:52 pm

I actually read a book this month BTW. I cant seem to read fiction anymore but I did read, cover to cover over a weekend the Alien Vault book.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/46825/ ... e-you-read

It's ace!
payback3000
Wise up sucker

Postby Snackula » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Bit sad though, all this Poppies activity and all I can manage is a post on Coronation Streak
I'll tell you what: if you don't cooperate, you're gonna suffer from "fistophobia".
Snackula
1000 X No

Postby daryltaylor » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Currently reading the Patti Smith book Just Kids, so far it's a warts and all story of her life from a child to 2010.
CAN YOU DIG IT?
daryltaylor
radio pwei

Postby Onket » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:08 am

Currently reading Longitude by Dava Sobel- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longitude_(book) which is great. The previous book I read was If I Die in a Combat Zone by Tim O'Brien- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_i_die_in_a_combat_zone which was also fantastic. Both were part of a run of books that The Times did a year or so ago free with their papers each week. Going on how good those two are, I wish I'd got more of them.
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby Onket » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:56 am

Children Of Men was on last night. Great film. Anyone read the book?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Children_of_Men
Onket
Wise up sucker

Postby Ohm » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:16 am

I'm on a Russian tip lately as I'm
going to Moscow in December.
Mikael Bulgakov's 'The Master And
Marguerita' at the moment, for the third
time I think. Amazing book.

Any other Russian recommends welcome.
Ohm