[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Back 2 Basics

Back 2 Basics

Back 2 Basics

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:41 am

I am humbled by the fact that this year has been lauded "The Year Of 90s Band Reunions", and while PWEI extends well before that I still feel it fits in with this trend. Which brings me to the later part of the statement...

This year I have seen and heard a number of my classic favs get back together, but I think the 2 that have blown me away the most are catching both Soundgarden & Anthrax kill in their respective shows. I just picked up the new Anthrax album and it is AMAZING! Belladonna put it best in a recent interview where he said they should have never kicked him out in the first place to adapt to the 90s metal sound and just stayed the course like all the other bands who are huge today. Anyways, if you haven't heard anything from it and you like thrash metal it's definitely a treat for the ears. It feels like "Persistence Of Time" mixed with the direction that "The Sound Of White Noise" headed the band, except the tongue/cheek lyrics and power metal vocals that Belladonna brings. I really love this album so far. If it were not for a great Mastodon album that also came out recently, I'd put it a top my fav of the year.

Anyways, I'm bringing this to anyone's attention who might be interested. Well worth the investment.
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Re: Back 2 Basics

Postby VMNP » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:55 pm

I have the new Anthrax album, fucking ace! :D
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Postby daryltaylor » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Also got the new Mastodon album and it's bloody amazing. One thing about this band is they dont make bad albums!
CAN YOU DIG IT?
daryltaylor
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:29 pm

Today i finally got round to playing the new Machine Head album and it is a winner!
VMNP

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:55 pm

I've seen Mastodon 3 times (twice this year) and they are also amazing live, never disappointing. The most interesting time I saw them was when they opened for Dethklok and played the entire Crack The Skye album from start to finish, with amazing visuals playing in the background. I put some clips of that show on my YouTube page if anyone is interested. So far The Hunter is an instant classic for me, I can't wait till November 25th to see them again and for the LP to come out.

I haven't got around to listening to the new Machine Head yet, but I've heard it's also a return to the thrash sound. Less nu-metal rap is a good thing, imo. Unless it's the Poppies;)
Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby c3tra » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:46 pm

new vnv album this month too :)
Get straight....got to decontaminate....before its too late
c3tra
not now james

Postby pedro » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks for the tip for the new Anthrax album, it is great. The last Anthrax album I bought was State of Euphoria way back when. I still love that album. When we did the compinations a few years back I should have included Antisocial in the best Intros cd.
Nottingham Forest - Premiership team 2015
pedro
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:27 am

The album after State, Persistance Of Time is well worth checking out, bit darker though.
VMNP

Postby Ugly Goblin Boy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:48 am

Wow, the new Skinny Puppy is starting to sound like Skinny Puppy again. Fucking amazing!

Ugly Goblin Boy
radio pwei

Postby chrisconnection » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:30 am

Yep really looking forward to the new Skinny Puppy album!!! :D
Long Live PWEI.
chrisconnection
1000 X No

Next

Return to off you go