[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
pop will eat itself • View topic - Ipod help

Ipod help

Ipod help

Postby VMNP » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:01 pm

Howdo, i'm hoping someone here might be clued up enough to help me with a little problem.

Yesterday i ripped a Twelve track CD into my Itunes but when i synched the Ipod it only put Ten tracks on. I seem to be getting this problem quite a lot so was wondering if anyone knew how i could sort it / stop it happening again?

Cheers in advance.

:)
Built To Stay The Pace Not Lazy, Bleary Eyed A Wide Berth Crazy.
VMNP

Re: Ipod help

Postby The_LHC » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:29 pm

a) did iTunes actually rip all twelve tracks, b) is there enough space on the iPod for all the tracks?
The_LHC
radio pwei

Postby TheFinkie » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:37 pm

I wish you heaven / I wish you hell
TheFinkie
preaching to the perverted

Postby kwvp » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:01 pm

My guess:

Either those two tracks have a different artist, e.g. 'featuring' another artist - fix would be to select all the tracks in iTunes and set the album artist the same for all.

Or, iTunes is being an arse and not syncing everything properly - I've been getting a weird red square in a circle against some tracks on my iPhone lately with a corresponding greyed out track with dotted circle in iTunes. Resolution for me was to uncheck "sync music" in iTunes and then resync everything again.

Or it could of course be something completely different. :)

More importantly, what's the album? :)
kwvp
radio pwei

Postby VMNP » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:28 am

The Bends by Radiohead. Itunes ripped all the tracks but only put 10 of them on the Ipod, it also seems to have deleted a Wonder Stuff track from it.
VMNP

Postby TheFinkie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:46 am

How strange.
If all the song information is correct, the only thing I can think of is if the tracks cannot be played on the iPod. For example, if they are too good-quality or the wrong file type. I have found songs before that will play on the computer, and will go onto the iPod, but will not play. Usually my method for fixing this is to either rip the CD again or convert the file into the type that it already is (if that makes sense). What sort of iPod are you using?
I wish you heaven / I wish you hell
TheFinkie
preaching to the perverted

Postby RolexTharsus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:51 am

Have you changed machine/ ipod recently? My girlfriend's got my old ipod, was completely reformatted and synced to her machine, whenever she syncs it now it will miss 30% of the tracks for no adequately explored reason
Zero half measures (What a carve up!)
RolexTharsus
Wise up sucker

Postby tengoku » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:44 pm

tengoku
XY & Zee

Postby VMNP » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:43 pm

VMNP

Return to off you go